Saturday 8 February 2014

First Impressions: Illamasqua Concealer



I'm a sucker for sleek packaging and illamasqua certainly hit the nail on the head with this one. When my online order was delivered in a little black box filled with black shredded paper inside I could help but fall more in love with the brand (that I was still yet to try). 




Anyway... Onto the more technical stuff now. I tried this first a few days ago and was amazed by the coverage. As a girl struggling to treat acne scars and hyper pigmentation on my face, for now my best bet is to cover the problem. When I first applied the concealer it was quite tough and not creamy at all like some other brands I've used before. However when applied it covered my scars, hyper pigmentation, spots AND redness perfectly. Impressed. Then I wore it for the rest of the day to see how it would hold up. The results were not what I was expecting. It had Almost completely faded away and all my blemishes were back on show.
 It could have been how I applied it or what I set it with, but my first impressions of this is that it's great coverage but with little lasting power. Another downside was that it clung to my dry patches which just made them so much more noticeable. 

*a side note… i also broke out with four spots after using this, it could have been something else but I'm going to stop using this until my skin is back to normal and see if i use it again if i break out again..*

After all the high expectations, I'm quite disappointed.

The search for a prefect concealer continues....  





No comments:

Post a Comment